There are few things more beautiful than cut flowers in a vase. They instantly brighten any room. That is, of course, until they wilt and die. So how do you make cut flowers last as long as possible? Here are some ideas:
• Cut the bottom of the stems before you put the flowers in the vase. An angled cut is best as this will enable the flower to draw in more water.
• Add a fertilizer to the water. Most flower shops include a pouch with the order. Follow the directions carefully. Don’t use too much.
• Make sure the vase is high enough to support the flowers. Too much strain on the stems will cause the flowers to die sooner.
• After a couple of days, re-snip the stems. This will add an additional day or two to the life of the flowers.
• Flowers last longer if you put them in the fridge (in water) overnight. That’s why florists store cut flowers in cool rooms.
Finally, watch the water level and top off as required. Older cut flowers will die quickly when starved of water — even for just a couple of hours.
Do you ever wonder how most people find the homes they eventually buy? You might imagine them driving by a “For Sale” sign or seeing a home for sale in the newspaper and then calling to inquire. Of course, many buyers find out about listed properties that way. But, according to research by the National Association of Realtors, there are many other — sometimes surprising — ways buyers find their next dream home.
• 88% of buyers find a home with the help of a real estate agent.
• 90% of buyers search online as part of the home buying process. (Such as viewing a property’s profile on the agent’s website.)
• 69% of buyers searching for a home using Google, use a specific local term, such as “Whitby-south homes for sale”.
• 29-46% of buyers attend an Open House as part of their home hunting activities.
Overall, the research shows that buyers are using a multitude of ways — combining online and offline methods — to find homes. What does all this mean to you? If means that if you’re preparing your home for sale, you need to ensure your marketing plan takes into account all the ways buyers are finding properties — so you can be sure that they will find yours. Looking for a REALTOR® who knows how to market your home for maximum exposure? Call today.